Root Cause Analysis
Don’t put a bandage on a problem; fix the issue permanently. Root cause is the fundamental, underlying reason for a problem. This course allows you to identify the cause of a problem, solve it, and prevent it from occurring again. This saves your organization time, money, and resources.
This course will enable participants to understand root cause analysis as a procedure for ascertaining and analyzing the causes of problems in an effort to determine what can be done to solve or prevent them. Consisting of lectures, practice, and role-playing, this course is designed to provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of how to analyze a system to identify the root causes of problems.
- Enhance problem solving effectiveness by providing a model for more deeply analyzing problem situations.
- Clarify the difference between analytical and creative thinking, and when each is most useful.
- Promote the ability to provide problem-solving support in situations where one is not an expert in the process or technology involved.
- Expand the range of tools available for analysis of problem situations.
Who Should Attend:
Quality, safety, risk, and reliability managers, process engineers, technicians, operations supervisors and personnel, process owners, occurrence investigators, analysts, maintenance directors, reliability professionals, and anyone who wants to improve their ability to solve recurring problems should attend this training. Manufacturing markets include core manufacturing markets in machinery and computer equipment, chemical and allied products, fabricated metals, electronics, transportation, and measurement/controlling industries. Service markets that could effectively leverage this course would include consulting/business services, financial services, wholesale/retail, transportation, utilities, and government.
ITA reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, ITA is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below:
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ITA course of your choice.