Whether you are a media novice or well versed in media relations, you know that getting the message right with the media can be a real challenge – getting it wrong is just not an option. ITA Training will give you the skills needed to face the media with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
This workshop combines theory with hands on practice of interview technique. We tailor a range of interview scenarios, specifically for you. You will learn how to identify your key messages and how to promote the good news within your organization. You will learn techniques to help you handle crisis situations, how to keep the media under control and prevent a serious situation turning into a media circus.
You’ll take part in realistic media interviews with tailored scenarios and playback analysis to prepare you for real-life Print, Radio and Television Interviews. We alert you to the pitfalls, show how to stay on message and how to avoid those tricky journalistic traps that can so easily snare even seasoned media performers.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three “real life” media interviews, covering print, radio and television. Each interview is recorded and played
back for analysis. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- Key Spokespeople
- Newly appointed managers
All Participants Receive
- A DVD with all their interviews
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- 12 months FREE advice and support by phone should you need this before any future interview
You will learn
- How the Media works
- What makes a news story
- To generate news interest in your activities
- Key principles of dealing with the media
- How to protect and enhance your reputation
- How to use the Communications Team effectively
- To prepare for print and broadcast Interviews
- Identify and develop your own key messages
- Deliver effective interviews for print radio and Television
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television